The standard warranty for most E/One grinder pump stations is two years. However, the indoor unit (IDU), which has a gray "box"-style enclosure, has a standard warranty of five years. Gatorgrinder stations have a standard warranty of one year.
Grinder Pump User Instructions & Warranty Card
- User Instructions for an Outdoor Grinder Pump Station installed prior to July 2007
- User Instructions for an Indoor Grinder Pump Station installed prior to July 2007
- User instructions for an Outdoor unit installed after July 2007
- User instructions for an Indoor unit installed after July 2007
Grinder Pump Warranty
Environment One Corporation offers a limited warranty that guarantees its product to be free of defects in material and factory workmanship for the duration of the warranty period, provided the product is properly installed, serviced and operated under normal conditions and according to manufacturer’s instructions. Repair or parts replacement required as a result of such defect will be made free of charge during this period.
Manufacturer warrants the original purchaser its pump core assembly, basin, factory wiring and panel, including, but not limited to, grinder shredder ring, cutting impellers and monitoring devices against defects in workmanship and materials that may appear under normal and proper use. Obligation of this warranty will be to replace at no charge with a new or remanufactured part, FOB factory.
Warranty period for the Extreme Series’ D, W and Upgrade products shall be for two years from the date of installation or 27 months from date of shipment, whichever occurs first on all equipment supplied by manufacturer.
Warranty period for the Extreme Gatorgrinder products shall be for one year from the date of installation or 15 months from the date of shipment, whichever occurs first on all equipment supplied by manufacturer.
Warranty period for the Extreme Series Indoor model (IH091) shall be for five years from the date of installation or 63 months from the date of shipment, whichever occurs first on all equipment supplied by manufacturer.
Any warranty terms that deviate from those listed above, particularly relating to an extended warranty, must be supported by proper documentation detailing the warranty agreement terms.
E/One’s obligation under the Limited Warranty is to repair or replace at its discretion for defective products when repaired by an authorized E/One distributor or service center.
Other condition and limitations of warranty are as follows:
- The Limited Warranty is nontransferable.
- Repair or warranty of any part shall not extend the warranty period.
- All warranty work is subject to final approval by E/One.
- E/One assumes no liability for loss of use or for any direct, indirect or consequential damages of any kind in respect to the use or operation of E/One grinder pump stations.
- Warranty will apply only to units that are used in permanent installation for the purpose of pumping human sewage and non-corrosive liquids.
- Purchaser shall assume all freight to closest service center.
- Damage or defects resulting from misuse, neglect, accident, alternative or faulty installation are not within the scope of the warranty.
- Warranty does not apply to any unit that has been repaired or altered by anyone other than an authorized service center.
- In the event of an equipment malfunction, the system owner shall report it to an authorized service representative or distributor. The distributor shall dispatch an authorized service representative to the site to repair or replace defective parts within 24 hours of notice. Equipment malfunction means that the owner has investigated any report of malfunction and deemed that the circuit breakers are not tripped, that the inlet to the unit is not plugged, that the discharge is open and that there is no readily apparent evidence of damage or misuse of the equipment.
- The Limited Service Warranty does not apply to:
• Acts of God or any other external cause of damage
• Misapplication of the product
• Misuse (see manufacturer’s operation manual and local codes for relevant details)
• Improper operation
• Deficient installation
• Damage caused by deficient installation
• Damage due to infiltration from sources other than residential wastewater
• Loss of service due to power outages
• Bodily or personal injury of any kind
• Property damage
• Incidental expenses
Loss of use, loss of opportunity, loss of market value, loss of rental value, costs of shelter, or any other consequential losses of any kind; any loss, damage, cost or expense that is caused, in whole or in part, by any peril or occurrence for which compensation is provided by legislation or insurance.
The foregoing warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. No person is authorized to make any additional warranty on behalf of the manufacturer.
Conditions Not Covered Under Warranty
Most operating problems can be traced to improper installation or to installations where the instructions were not followed. The following conditions are not covered:
- Closed valve or blocked discharge
- Burial depth too low
- Improper venting
- Inlet pipe installed too far into wet well
- Incorrect height modification (too low into frost level or improper modification in which the tank is not water tight to tank lid)
- Damaged tray cable
- Field changes made to units not to E/One recommendations (altered without company consent)
- Valve deflection or damaged tanks caused by improper backfill, inadequate ballasting and compacting, or not plumbed correctly
- Splices in power cable not per E/One-approved kits
- Problems because of tray cable runs longer than 100 feet (run dry, voltage drop, etc.)
- Damage because of a defective power supply or improper electrical protection
- Infiltration/debris in tank
- Failure because of introduction of foreign materials (i.e. abnormal amount of grease, strong chemicals, flammable material, etc.)
- Power turned off causing station to flood. Power must not be cycled (i.e. weekender).
- Failure of product if used for other than its intended purpose
- Act of God, freezing, fire, electrical storms, floods, etc.
- Unauthorized repair shop expenses
- Rented equipment
- Batteries in the Remote Sentry
Unfortunately, E/One cannot cover failures attributed to these problems. E/One is willing to assist you in any way to ensure a quality installation.